Tuesday, March 12, 2013

When ugly becomes beautiful

One of the reasons that I love fine art photography is that I can literally experiment with hue, contrast, and excessive sharpening to "make" that photo.  Ansel Adams is famous for that quote and it's so true... we don't simply document views but create something that is eye catching.  Recently, I came across an area where the lake water had gone down and the tree line had such obvious storm damage.  The look was somewhat dismal until the late afternoon sun popped through and everything changed.  When I began processing the RAW images, I could easily make some adjustments to make the images appealing.  Let me share a couple with you.

From Flora Latentes Series - BW rendition of apocalypse
From my Flora Latentes Series - BW image reminding the viewer of an apocalypse
From Flora Latentes Series - Color solarized rendition of apocalypse
From my Flora Latentes Series - A color solarized version of the apocalypse

From Flora Latentes - mud, skies, and detail liven up a dreary winter
From my Flora Latentes Series - Beautiful skies, exquisite detail in the mud, dormant trees with splatters of warm color

Our landscape in Oklahoma can be pretty rugged and I'm pleased to create some beauty from that dormant ruggedness.  These images and others are available at my online gallery.  To view these and others at my online gallery, click here!  All comments and questions are very welcome.  Thanks for coming by.

No comments:

Post a Comment