Thursday, June 28, 2012

Found and Rescued

I'm just a simple person with a decent heart... not one who devotes my life or life's savings to saving a poor malnourished animal... I just care about welfare for animals even though I maintain my position as the master.

You're probably wondering what I'm going with this so anyway, about a month back, I kept hearing a loud cat's meow that came from the vicinity of my detached workshop.  When I'd approach the animal would become silent so I wasn't sure what was going on.  After a few days of this, I was unloading some equipment in my workshop and suddenly, there was this quivering "meow" from the corner.  I then saw a malnourished and filthy kitten who was about four weeks old.  It has the same markings as an adult stray who had been coming around but hadn't made her presence in a few days.  I realized this kitten had been abandoned (something must have happened to Momma) and I searched for others but this was the only one.  I brought it into our home where my spouse and I cleaned it up and began feeding him.

This kitten was not welcome by our adult cat so we realized we must find a good home and luckily, we did find one with a young woman who loves cats and was happy to take in a new one.  Before sending the kitten off, I took some time to photograph him and managed to capture two really nice images that I want to share.



Stray Kitten with Tennis Ball




Stray Kitten Portrait B/W




Having this kitten for those two weeks was a lot of fun and I'm glad that I was able to find him before he perished.  The photo shoot was a blast as I simply threw out a ball for the cat to play with while I composed and shot images.  Your comments are always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment